Monday, May 16, 2016

Cyborg had no interest in calling out Rousey at UFC 198: 'It was my moment'>>>


Cris Cyborg reveals why she didn't call out Ronda Rousey after her first round thrashing of Leslie Smith at UFC 198.

SPORT DADDY NEWS UFC

Cristiane Justino, also known as Cris Cyborg, got straight to business at UFC 198. The Invicta FC Featherweight champion asserted her dominance in the Octagon, bulldozing through Leslie Smith to score a first round TKO.
Following the victory, her first in the UFC, many expected the Brazilian to call out Ronda Rousey in the post-fight interview. Celebrating the win in front of 45,000 native supporters at Arena da Baixada in Curitiba, Brazil however, Cyborg was lost in the moment and didn't give a second thought to 'Rowdy'.
The 30-year-old revealed what was going through her mind following her successful UFC debut, per Jonathan Bradley of FOX Sports.
"I believe it was my moment. Tonight was my moment, it was historic." Cyborg said. "I never thought I'd be sitting here tonight. I never thought I'd be here after everything I went through and it's a historic moment for me. Talking about her is something that people are going to talk about, but I let my fans decide on who my opponent will be and I just have to be ready."
The two WMMA stars have a rivarly dating back to Strikeforce, but things really intensified when Rousey captured the women's bantamweight title in the UFC. Justino called out Rousey for a superfight on several occasions, but the Olympic bronze medalist refused to entertain the idea due to the weight difference and Cyborg's history with steroids.
Despite a succesful cut to 140-pounds at UFC 198, Cyborg still has no desire to compete at bantamweight and plans to defend her Invicta FW title in the future.
"I've been training for two years to be able to make weight yesterday. And I felt very well tonight and I believe I can do other superfights, but I'm going to continue my weight class," she said. "I've been the champion for some time and I want female MMA to grow, and I don't think it's the right thing for me to abandon my weight class."
Rousey, who was violently dethroned by Holly Holm last year at UFC 193, is expected to complete her trilogy fight with Miesha Tate this fall. Tate shocked the world when she choked Holm unconcious to become the new BW champion at UFC 196.
Cyborg moves to 16-1 in her MMA career and likely made a big enough impact in her UFC debut to warrant a return to the Octagon in the near-future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment