Thursday, May 19, 2016

GOLF Greenlief set for Tour debut>>>

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Golf_Ball


SPORT DADDY NEWS GOLF

Lauren Greenlief will make her LPGA Tour debut this week at the Kingsmill Championship and it's been one helluva journey.

No, this is not a story on the next big thing in women's golf featuring for the first time on the LPGA Tour at the age of 12. In fact, it is quite the opposite.
Greenlief is 26 years of age. She currently works as a management consultant for the Boston Consulting Group. In 2012, she graduated from the University of Virginia where her stroke average was a sizeable 77.45 across four years.
However, she persevered with her golf and despite practically working a full-time job, Greenlief has found a way onto the biggest stage in women's golf.
She is one of two sponsor's exemptions in the 144-player field that will compete for glory this week.
"For work, I travel Monday through Thursday, so I'm pretty much at the golf course all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday with my coach," Greenlief said.
"I'm just really excited, especially being able to play an LPGA event in my home state on a golf course I remember as a little girl.
"This is just an incredible opportunity, and one I never thought I'd get to have.
"The biggest thing for me is that it's really special. My family and friends will be able to come down and watch."
Greenlief will form part of a star-studded field that will grace the River Course at Kingsmill Resort this week for the 12th staging of the tournament.

The group of 144 players includes eight of the top-10 in the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings and 15 of the top 20.

0 comments:

Post a Comment