Friday, June 10, 2016

SERENA GETS REAL AFTER FRENCH OPEN>>>





SPORT DADDY NEWS TENNIS



In the aftermath of her Roland Garros final loss Serena Williams has been candid about her performance in Paris and the emotional rollercoaster she went through.


Minutes after her tough 7-5, 6-4 loss to Garbiñe Muguruza in the Roland Garros final, Serena Williamswalked directly into her post-match press conference. She was as open and honest as she felt she could be after minimal time to process the match, the loss, and her emotions.
Q: Are you the type of person who can kind of let this match go quickly, or will you beat yourself up about it for a few days?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't really know right now. I'm just -- obviously it's not something I'm like, Oh, it's over with. It's definitely something I want to dissect and see what I can learn from that and what can I do to get better from it. That's the only way to keep improving.
On Wednesday, Serena turned to social media to tell the world how she really felt. "I was pissed, I have to admit," she said in a video posted by Uninterrupted. "I thought I could've played better, I thought I could've competed better, I thought I could've really done everything five times better. And I didn't, and I was so pissed that I actually abandoned my rackets in France after maybe a few smashes of the racket bag."

Thankfully Serena's speech did not end there. Not to worry, tennis fans. The World No.1 is already back on court preparing for her assault on Wimbledon, where she will once again be the defending champion and aim to match the Open Era record of 22 major titles.
Said Serena: "I'm out here [on court] by myself because sometimes by yourself is when the great things really happen."
Here's what Serena said in its entirety:
"So I'm going to take a moment to be super candid and super honest.
"After Paris, the final, which is great, you know, for everyone on this planet with the exception of me -- I don't do what everyone else does -- I was really pissed, I have to admit. I thought I could've played better, I thought I could've competed better, I thought I could've really done everything five times better. And I didn't, and I was so pissed that I actually abandoned my rackets in France after maybe a few smashes of the racket bag. I felt like if I was going to play that awful and that crappy, that maybe I don't need rackets. Maybe I can just show up to a tournament, and maybe I can get to a final without playing great, and without practice.

"But obviously that doesn't work and sometimes you have to work extra hard. So I'm out here by myself because sometimes by yourself is when the great things really happen."

0 comments:

Post a Comment