Friday, June 3, 2016

Almeida felt 'different' when fighting Garbrandt: 'I wasn't myself'>>>>




SPORT DADDY NEWS UFC



Thomas Almeida says something affected him psychologically in his loss to Cody Garbrandt at UFC Fight Night 88.

 As shocking as it was for Thomas Almeida to end his 21-fight winning streak with a first round KO loss to Cody Garbrandt at UFC Fight Night 88, the Brazilian prospect told Combate he felt like something was off even before he stepped into the Octagon.
Almeida doesn’t know exactly why, but he couldn’t be his aggressive self.
“I think I lost even before the fight," Almeida said. "I wasn’t the Thomas I normally am. Aggressive and focused. I felt odd, different. Cody said he was going to do it and he did. I trained very hard, I was really prepared, but I guess something messed me up psychologically. I froze. I couldn’t get my game going.”
Although he is not sure what exactly was the problem, Almeida guesses that the pressure of fighting on a main event combined with his invincibility could have caused it.
“I think there was a bigger pressure just because I was on the main event," Almeida said. "I don’t know. I can’t say for sure if that was it or maybe my invincibility. I don’t think that was it, but after I watched the fight I could tell something was different. I don’t know what caught me, but I will find out and I will fix it.”
The first loss of Almeida's career snapped a four-fight winning streak in the UFC, which dated back to November 2014, with wins over the likes of Tim Gorman, Yves Jabouin, Brad Pickett, and Anthony Birchak.

0 comments:

Post a Comment